Basic Information about Combigan and its Uses
Combigan eye drops contain a combination of brimonidine and timolol, both of which can be used to treat high eye pressure (ocular hypertension) and open-angle glaucoma - an eye disease that causes permanent optic nerve damage, vision loss, or blindness if left untreated. Combigan may be used by adults and children who are at least 2 years old.
The Difference of Combigan from Similar Eye Drops
Although the active ingredients in Combigan - brimonidine tartrate and timolol maleate - do possess similar qualities of being able to lower eye pressure, these substances are 2 completely different drugs: Brimonidine is an alpha agonist; by binding itself to the alpha receptors it reduces the amount of fluid being excessively produced within the eye, and increases the rate at which fluid is drained from the eye. Timolol is a beta blocker which, as the name implies, blocks beta receptors, reducing the stimulation they have on the production of fluid in the eye. Because these substances influence 2 different types of receptors, their effect is much more wholesome and thorough, allowing a more complete action compared to using these (or similar) drugs on their own. As a matter of fact, more and more physicians recommend to buy Combigan online because of its shear effectiveness and absence of serious side effects.
Combigan Dosage and Application Details
Below is a list of common recommendation given to properly use Combigan eye drops:
- The recommended dose of Combigan is 1 drop in each affected eye twice a day, applied 12 hours apart. There is only one standard dose provided for this medication, regardless of the severity or type of the condition being treated.
- Contact lenses should be removed prior to using this medication. If left in, they may absorb some of the medication and cause an overdose with further applications.
- When applying the medication, be careful not to touch the dropper with your fingers or let it in contact to you skin, your eyes or any other surface. Doing so will help prevent contamination.
- Several heart conditions may make it hazardous to use Combigan eye drops. If you have any issues with your heart, make sure the treatment will be safe in your condition before you buy Combigan eye drops online and use them.
- You should not use Combigan if you are allergic to either brimonidine or to timolol.
- Store the container of Acular eye drops in a vertical position to prevent spillage and obstruction of the dropper. Store it in dry dark place away from light and heat.
Where to Buy Combigan Eye Drops Online
Detailed information about the other eye drops