Patanol Uses and Applications
Patanol drops are commonly used to treat allergic conjunctivitis (commonly known as eye allergies) which is one of the main causes of "pink eye". Other symptoms that can be relieved using Patanol include itching or burning; puffy or swollen eyelids; watery or teary eyes; pain, stinging, and discomfort in the eye and any other symptoms of allergy. Patanol belongs to the class of antihistamine drugs and may be safely used in children at least 3 years of age. An important advantage to buy Patanol eye drops online is that it may actually be used long-term without any danger of side effects or worsening of symptoms after stopping the medication.
Details of Allergy Treatment with Patanol
As you may know, allergy may affect various parts of the body but most often the symptoms are centered in and around the eyes, mouth, nose, lips, throat, and lungs, and may differ greatly from person to person. An allergic reaction occurs when the person comes in contact with a particular allergen (mold, plant pollen, or dust), inhaling or ingesting it. If the person is allergic to this substance, the affected cells and tissues will produce an inflammatory immune reaction in an attempt to route the irritant out of the system, causing various unpleasant symptoms. In order to suppress an overactive response centered around the eyes, Patanol drops may be used. Patanol contains olopatadine - an antihistamine that will block certain receptors within the affected tissues and reduce the severity of present allergy symptoms.
Recommendations on How to Use Patanol Eye Drops
Following is a list of basic considerations for people taking the treatment with Patanol:
- The standard dose of Patanol is 1 drop in each affected eye 2 times a day. Space each use at least 6 hours apart.
- To apply Patanol, sit or stand in an upright position and tilt your head back slightly. Position the dropper above your eye without touching it. Pull on your lower eyelid to create a "pocket" and squeeze a drop of medication. When you are done, using your index finger and your thumb softly apply pressure to the inside corner of your eyes for 60 seconds.
- Patanol should only be used to treat allergies. It will not reduce discomfort from contact lenses or external irritants.
- Wait at least 5 minutes before applying another eye medication.
- Try not to touch the dropper with your fingers or let it in contact with any surface including your eyes or skin.
- It is not advised to buy Patanol online if you are allergic to olopatadine. This substance on its own may be the cause of an allergic reaction even though it is mainly used to treat allergies.
Where to buy Patanol Eye Drops online
Detailed information about the other eye drops