Pilocarpine Drops Basic Information
Pilocarpine is a generic medication used in the treatment of glaucoma and high eye pressure (ocular hypertension). This medication may also be used before surgery to cancel out the effects of other medications that increase the size of a pupil (for example the ones used in a preliminary eye exam).
Using Pilocarpine Drops to Treat Glaucoma
High eye pressure may in some cases lead to a condition called glaucoma - an eye disease in which the extremely high pressure within the eye prevents proper function of the optic nerve, causing nerve damage, vision loss, or even blindness. Not all people with high eye pressure have or will have glaucoma, but this disease is much more likely to develop if you have ocular hypertension. In order to reduce the pressure in the eye, one of the ways is to reduce the amount of fluid (or aqueous humour) contain within. This may be done by stimulating the natural process of draining the excess fluid through the drainage channels. Using Pilocarpine will stimulate the muscles around these channels, causing them to expand and allow more of the excess fluid to be drained from the eye, normalizing inner pressure. Keep in mind that you should only buy Pilocarpine eye drops online if you meet the medical requirements to use it. This medication may not be suited for every patient; it is advised to contact your doctor before using it.
Common Pilocarpine Dosage and Recommendations
Below is a list of instructions provided for a more able and proper application of Pilocarpine:
- The standard dose of Pilocarpine is 1 drop in each affected eye four times a day, spacing each use at least 4 hours apart.
- When you have applied Pilocarpine, lie down and close your eyes for at least 3 minutes. This is required for the medication to work properly.
- Wait at least 5 minutes before applying any other eye medications after Pilocarpine.
- To avoid contamination and possible risk of infection, do not touch the tip of the dropper with your fingers and do not let it touch your eye when using the medication.
- Make sure you are not allergic to Pilocarpine or any other ingredient within the drug when you buy Pilocarpine online. To determine if you are allergic to any component in Pilocarpine, contact your doctor and inquire for a specific medical exam to test for any possible allergies.
- During the treatment with Pilocarpine, be careful when performing potentially dangerous activities with low illumination, such as driving at night. This medication may cause the pupils to shrink, limiting visibility of objects in the dark.
Detailed information about the other eye drops
Where to Buy Pilocarpine Eye Drops Online