Common Uses of Travoprost (Travatan)
Travoprost (licensed under the brand Travatan) is an eye drop medication primarily used to relieve high eye pressure and effectively treat ocular hypertension and open-angle glaucoma. Travoprost is not approved to be used in children since it was not tested thoroughly enough to guarantee the safety and effectiveness of such therapy. Travoprost may in some cases be prescribed to treat other forms of glaucoma, but it is still indicated as an off-label use for this product since no extensive research data is available to prove its adequacy in treating these conditions.
Treatment of Ocular Hypertension with Travoprost
Ocular hypertension is a condition in which the pressure of fluid within the eyeball reaches very high levels and may potentially result in impairment of optic nerve function or development of glaucoma - an eye disease in which the optic nerve becomes damage, limiting peripheral vision and shortening effective sight range, potentially causing blindness if left untreated. In order to avert this, you may choose to buy Travoprost online to help improve your condition by reducing the inner pressure of the affected eye(s) and preventing the damage it may cause to the optic nerve. Travoprost, a prostaglandin, stimulates the channels by which the excess amounts of fluid (called aqueous humour) is drained from the eyeball, allowing the fluid pressure levels to naturally become balanced.
Directions on How to Use Travoprost Eye Drops
In order to allow Travoprost to adequately deliver its positive effects, the patients are required to follow several simple instructions listed below:
- The recommended dosage of Travoprost is one drop in each affected eye once a day in the evening. The dosage remains the same regardless of the condition being treated, and the effectiveness of Travoprost actually decreases if the designated daily amount (1 drop a day) is exceeded.
- Wash your hands thoroughly before each use of Travoprost. Do not allow the tip of the dropper to touch your eyes, fingers, or any other surface in order to prevent contamination. Do not wash the dropper itself and always put the cap back on after each use.
- Remove contact lenses before using Travoprost eye drops. You may put them back in after 15 minutes.
- Not all types of glaucoma are approved to be treated with Travoprost, only open angle glaucoma is officially indicated as treatable with this drug. You should only buy Travoprost eye drops online for off-label use if you were thoroughly instructed of all the details of such treatment.
- Travoprost may cause darkening of certain tissues, namely eyelids and the iris. Changes to the color of the iris are usually permanent, but they do not affect your health in any way.
Where to Buy Travoprost Eye Drops Online
Detailed information about the other eye drops