Indicated Uses for Zaditor (Ketotifen)
Zaditor (ketotifen) is an eye allergy medication available over the counter in the form of eye drops. Zaditor can help to temporary relieve such symptoms as eye itching, burning or irritation, puffy or swollen eyelids, watery or teary eyes and several others. Although Zaditor does not directly treat the cause of allergy, it may be used repeatedly on long term to relieve the symptoms without any cumulative adverse effects. No side effects have been reported when stopping this medication after prolonged use, making it one of the best solutions to treat seasonal allergy outbreaks. Zaditor may be used in children who are at least 2 years old.
How Zaditor Eye Drops Help with Allergy
Zaditor and its active ingredient ketotifen belong to the class of drugs known as antihistamines. These medications suppress allergy symptoms by blocking certain histamine receptors in the organism, limiting the production of histamine - a substance partially responsible for the inflammation response triggered by the organism to confront a particular allergen. Although ketotifen helps suppress an allergic reaction, you may still be allergic to ketotifen itself, rendering the treatment impossible. You may need to take a specific test to determine if you are allergic to ketotifen before you buy Zaditor eye drops online. Also, be aware that other inactive ingredients and preservatives within the drug may cause an allergic reaction.
Directions to Follow while using Zaditor Eye Drops
Provided below are some of the basic instructions required to effectively perform the treatment with Zaditor:
- The common dosage of Zaditor is one drop in each affected eye twice a day. There is only one standard dose of this medication, regardless of the condition being treated. Zaditor may be safely used on an "as needed" basis.
- If you are wearing contact lenses, remove them prior to using Zaditor. You may put them back in after 15 minutes.
- Wash your hands before each use of Zaditor. Additionally, in order to decrease the risk of contamination and infection, try to avoid touching the dropper with your fingers or let it in contact with your eyes, skin or any other surface.
- Zaditor will only be effective in the treatment of allergies. It will not help with irritation caused by wearing contact lenses. If you were recommended to buy Zaditor eye drops to treat eye irritation, be informed that because of the nature of this drug (antihestamine) it will not provide anti-inflammatory effects as do steroidal or NSAID eye drops.
- Keep the container of Zaditor in an upright position in a dark place away from heat. Always place the cap back on the dropper after each use.
Where to Buy Zaditor Eye Drops Online
Detailed information about the other eye drops